Monday, July 13, 2009

paradox of letting go

The Power of Letting Go

We must be willing to let go of the life we have
planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for
us. - Joseph Campbell

We must learn to let go, to give up, to make room
for the things we have prayed for and desired. -
Charles Fillmore

The hardest part of anything is the beginning, and
the second hardest part is letting go when it's the
end. - E. Fritz

There's an important difference between giving up
and letting go. - Jessica Hatchigan

As I started to picture the trees in the storm, the
answer began to dawn on me. The trees in the
storm don't try to stand up straight and tall and
erect. They allow themselves to bend and be
blown with the wind. They understand the power of
letting go. Those trees and those branches that try
too hard to stand up strong and straight are the
ones that break. Now is not the time for you to be
strong, Julia, or you, too, will break. - Julia Butterfly
Hill

Writers have to get used to launching something
beautiful and watching it crash a burn. They also
have to learn when to let go control, when the work
takes off on its own and flies farther than they even
planned or imagined, to places they didn't know
they knew. All makers must leave room for the
acts of the spirit. But they have to work hard and
carefully, and wait patiently to deserve them. -
Ursula K. LeGuin

The Tao Te Ching says, When I let go of what I
am, I become what I might be. When I let go of
what I have, I receive what I need. Have you ever
struggled to find work or love, only to find them
after you have given up? This is the paradox of
letting go. Let go, in order to achieve. Letting go
is God's law. - Mary Manin Morrissey

This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a
hundred veils to fall each
moment. First to let go of
life. Finally, to take a step without feet. - Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment